Mon, Jun 15|
Riverside Magnum Range
Riverside County CCW Qualification Class July 15th 8am-4pm
This initial concealed carry weapons training course in Riverside County is a comprehensive 8-hour course. The 1-day program is designed to meet one of the requirements for issuance of an initial California concealed carry weapons (CCW) by the Riverside County Sheriff’s Office
Time & Location
Jun 15, 2020, 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Riverside Magnum Range, 12391 Sampson Ave, Riverside, CA 92503, USA
About the Event
Applicants requesting approval for an Initial California CCW from the Riverside County Sheriff’s Office must complete the entire 1-day course and pass the Initial Shooting Qualification for all firearms on their CCW. Students may have a maximum of six firearms listed on their CCW.
THIS COURSE IS REQUIRED IN ADDITION TO YOUR APPLICATION WITH THE SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT. YOU MUST STILL COMPLETE THE APPLICATION PROCESS BEFORE OR AFTER COMPLETION OF THIS COURSE. *** If you are a novice shooter, we encourage you to take an INTRO TO HANDGUN class prior to attending this course.***
- Pistol Fundamentals
- CA Gun Laws
- Methods of Concealed Carry
- Principles of Concealed Carry
- Legal Aspects of Concealed Carry
- $20 range fee
- Handguns to be added to CCW (MAXIMUM OF 6) - Modifications are not recommended - Red-dot optics are OK
- Ammunition: 18 rounds minimum per handgun (no steel cased)
- Holster - Inside or Outside the waistband OK (kydex holsters recommended)
- NO ankle holsters, shoulder holsters, serpa holsters, or pocket holsters
- Gun Belt - Leather or Nylon
- 2 Magazines (minimum)
- Appropriate Range Attire
*ALL FIREARMS MUST BE LOCKED IN A SECURED CONTAINER.**PLEASE DO NOT ARRIVE TO CLASS WITH A LOADED AND/OR CONCEALED WEAPON.***DOUBLE-CHECK THAT YOUR FIREARMS ARE UNLOADED PRIOR TO ARRIVING AND CHECK THEM IN AT REGISTRATION.
Qualification consists of:6 shots (or max capacity) at distances of 15, 10, and 7 yards eachMust score at least 70% on a standard B-27 target with each handgun.
Upon successful completion of the Shooting Qualification Test, students will be issued a qualification form.